June 04, 2014

max weight olympic lifts, focus, and intensity

Up until this week I've gone into the gym knowing I should be able to accomplish each set of every workout that my coach has had planned for me. This is the first week that the weights have become heavy enough that its doubtful if I'll hit most of my lifts. I'm now doing 2 sets of 2, often at a PR weight. Now that I've got to the point of my training that each lift is a challenge, Olympic weightlifting is totally different. Now every time I approach the bar I have to be completely focused on that one repetition. The energy of being in that kind of a situation, where each rep is vitally important to the entire days training is more intense than anything I've ever felt. I'm enjoying olympic weightlifting more than any sport I've ever done before. This is intense.

No comments: