January 06, 2014

dieting, food cravings, and strength

Back in the day, when I was an endurance athlete, I was on calorie restriction for what felt like FOREVER. One of the lessons I learned while staying endurance athlete light (gaunt) was that I needed to take a break from calorie restriction on occasion. I can tell when I need to stop dieting and go into a maintenance phase because I start resenting having to eat less than I want and I start craving lots and lots of crap! I hit that point of food obsession this weekend. For the next 1 to 2 weeks I'm going to maintain my body weight. After the food cravings go away I'll go back to dieting again. While my calories are increased not only will I be preparing my body to lose weight more comfortably but I'll gain more strength too. More food and an increase in strength, it's going to be a fun couple weeks!

I'm currently weighing 260 lbs. I've lost 20 pounds since picking up Olympic weightlifting. 54 more pounds to go until I've hit my goal of getting into the middle heavyweight division (94k weight class).

No comments: