February 21, 2013

Paleo competition days 5-11

I'm really enjoying eating Paleo and being in this Paleo competition. I'm getting great results with weight loss and I'm still making gains with strength and endurance. I weighed in this morning at 239, so far in 11 days I've lost just shy of 7 pounds. Normally I'd say that's to much weight to lose to quickly, but I'm eating a ton of calories each day. Usually over 3000.

In the last 2 weeks our Suburban broke down and it cost us $2,500 to fix. And we just got a bill from the IRS claiming we owe them $3,600 for the 2011 (so much for hiring a CPA to do our taxes). Consequently I'm going to have to start working 6 days a week, 12-16 hours a day until I can get us recovered financially again. That means I'm not going to be able to work out as much as I have been, but I'm going to do my best to continue eating 100% Paleo.

Here's a log of how I've been doing daily with the Paleo competition:

Day/  
calories ate/  calories burned
points earned for the day
Workout.
Lifestyle point earned

Day 5
Feb 14/
 3532/  1090
I maxed out my points today.
For training I did: CrossFit, biked 1 hr 20 min. Didn't feel that was enough for a bonus point so I rode my bike on my indoor trainer for 30 min, then rode my mountain bike to work.
For lifestyle point: I read the bible and did a CR bible study.

Day 6
Feb 15/
 3336/ 917
I maxed out todays points.
Training :CrossFit + 1 hr bike.
Lifestyle read the bible and read Arnold Schwarzenegger's Total Recall

Day 7
Feb 16/  1917/  1686
I maxed today's points.
Biked 1 hr 30 min + 39 min run with sprint until muscle failure.
Watched a kids christian movie about death and heaven with the kids and had a discussion after.

Day 8
Feb 17/
2493/  0
5 points earned today, no working out today, I needed a day off.
I cleaned the yard, fixed up one of my daughter old bikes and gave it to a neighbors kid.

Day 9
Feb 18/ 
2488/  0
5 points earned today.
No workout.
Took the kids to the zoo and played kids board games that night.


Day 10
Feb 19/ 
4153/ 268
5 points earned.
CrossFit.
Cleaned and rearranged the bedroom for my wife, hung a piece of art for her. Cleaned out and rearranged the shed. Got rid of a bunch of stuff for a garage sale.

Day 11
Feb 20
3978/ 213
5 points earned.
CrossFit.
Instructed my sons BJJ class.

No comments: