January 31, 2013

2013 triathlon and duathlon goals

I have 2 goals I'd like to shoot for this year:

1) take top 3 in both the New Mexico Open Water Series and The South West Challenge Series. This goal will take a minimum of 10 multisport races, but may take as many as 16. I'm excited about attempting to place in 2 series in the same year. I've placed top 3 in The South West Challenge Series 7 years in a row, but trying to balance two series simultaneously will be quite the challenge indeed!

2) My 2nd goal is to get down to 220 pounds. This goal will be harder for me then racing an average of twice a month for an entire year. Food sucks.... well in all honesty, I guess food ROCKS! Which is why it sucks. I love food- no I hate it! But I love it..... I hate to love it! My relationship is with food is kind of like a fresh baked bear claw. Sweet, comforting, and kinda warm deep inside, but all twisted up and slippery.
 


My current weight is 250. I only have 30 pounds to lose to reach my goal. It's really not that much to drop in a year. I've lost 120 pounds before and kept the weight off for a year and a half, but right now losing 30 pounds feels virtually impossible. Honestly, it feels like I'd be more capable of a successful jump across the Grand Canyon with ankle weights on.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate to bring this up, but have you solved your fear of road biking? I know you were ready to give up triathlon because of it. And you weren't willing to do your rides on the indoor trainer so I'm just wondering if you've resolved this issue.

Good luck with your goals this season and keep posting!

Anonymous said...

I love your description of your relationship with food. So frickin' true. Good luck, have fun with your 2013 goals. You always seem to do best when you've got lofty goals, so go for it!

Bec

actor momma thrower said...

Ah food...you and I are similar here!

Podium quest said...

nope, still can't bike outdoors.