May 26, 2012

running with the neighborhood cycling team

Today I ran to the NMCD track with my kids and the neighborhood kids, they all rode their bikes. I ran just shy of 5 miles. The bigger kids rode anywhere from 1.75 to 4.5 miles, the 2 little guys who rode the plastic tricycles made it around the track once (a quarter mile). Here's a picture of my neighborhood cycling team.

I spent most of the run  helping get rocks out of their shoes, open water bottles, pick up bikes that the wind blew over, etc. Even though I'm not able to run as much with them with me, I wouldn't trade this for the world. We're having a great time. If they continue training consistently with me I'll take all of them to the Las Alamos kids triathlon.

1 comment:

Jenny Davidson said...

I love these stories and pictures - it is the sort of thing I would absolutely have _loved_ as a kid! Keep it up - definitely worth any minor tradeoffs on quality of workout...