February 14, 2012

weight maintenance

A couple weeks ago I posted that I've been unable to lose any more weight no matter what I tried, that I was constantly hungry, not sleeping well, and not recovering like I should. I decided to try to stop my weight loss and maintain my current weight by eating at my metabolic rate and eating any calories I burn from training. Since raising my daily calories I feel great and I actually dropped two tenths of a pound, I'm down to 176.8. It appears that the extra calories were exactly what I was needing.

1 comment:

lost2society said...

Cody, I just typed out a lengthy comment and somehow lost it. So I'll keep it short this time. I just wanted to say that I randomly came across your blog when looking up clydesdale runners and weight loss. I also am a clydesdale category runner though it looks like you are actually an x-clydesdale. I am 230 down from 260 and I doubt I'll ever drop less than 220 with my height and build. However I wanted to suggest a resource that I have appreciated in my weightloss. It's a book called the 4-hour body by timothy ferris if you check it out, take it for what it is, one mans studied opinion. But he brings up some really interesting and off the wall ways to lose weight in a healthy fit way that normal fitness experts never even talk about. I hope you check it out bro. have a good day. I also threw another link in here to a guy named Ori Hofmekler, who is ex-special forces. He writes about interval fasting which is used by many endurance athletes to gain larger glycogen energy reserves. Good luck and keep up the training!

The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, and Becoming Superhuman

The Warrior Diet: Switch on Your Biological Powerhouse For High Energy, Explosive Strength, and a Leaner, Harder Body