February 16, 2012

review of training plan in Ironfit by Don Fink

I registered for the Redman full triathlon earlier this week. I'll be using the training plan from the book Ironfit by Don Fink. I've done a total of 4 seasons of training for Ironman using 2 different coach's, and two plans found in books. Out of all the plans Don Finks Ironfit was by far and away the best traininng plan I'd tried. I was able to push myself without getting over training, and I was able to get my weight to an all time low using his training plan. I did feel that I was a little under trained on the bike, but I can fix that with extending a couple of the mid week bike days a little during the seasons training plan.

Don Finks plan has me start the training plan 7.5 months before the Iron. My plan is scheduled to start February 27th. I'll be racing at the Grady Williams triathlon in June at Farmington NM and the Cochiti lake triathlon in July for my tune up races.

No comments: