February 08, 2012

registered for the full Redman

This morning I registered for the 2012 full Redman triathlon. It's a 2.4 mile swim, 112 mile bike and a 26.2 mile run. One of my dreams is to go sub 13 hours at an Iron distance triathlon. I've done 3 Irons and haven't got anywhere near 13 hours. Every Iron attempt I've had something went very wrong. At the Silverman in 2006 I showed up grossly over weight. At Ironman Arizona 2007 I messed up my pacing on the bike and ruined my run. At IMAZ 2011 I got hypothermia on the swim and again on the run.

Hopefully the Redman full will be the Iron that I can finally go sub 13 hours! I chose this race because it's cheap, only $325, it's close to home, and it fits my strong points perfectly- it has a screaming fast run! I just hope the insurance gets me another time trial bike before Sept.

Pray for me, I'm going to need it!

No comments: