January 28, 2012

cycling intervals and a little more overtime!

Today I wanted to trash my legs. I decided to do some self punishment using intervals on the bike. I started out with sets of 4 minutes hard and 4 minutes recoveries. I continued with the 4X4 until I could no longer sustain a full 4 minutes hard. Then I did 2X2 minute sets until my legs couldn't sustain the 2 minutes hard any longer. I finished with 1X1 minute sets until muscle failure. I'm trashed! Feels great!

Now I'm off for another 12 hour overtime at the old pinta! The 1st pay period of this year I worked 86 hours of regular pay and 93 hours of overtime. The next pay period I worked 86 and 72, & this pay period I'm on track for another 86 and 72. I see a lot of disgruntled employees at the State Penitentiary, I feel that most correctional officers have no idea how good we have it. There's no doubt that the Penn can be a dangerous and stressful place to work, but I couldn't imagine a job where my entire family of 5 had to live off a straight 40 hour work week with no overtime available. I'm grateful that the good Lord has blessed me with a career that I can pull extra shifts from time to time to help my family catch up on bills.

1 comment:

Ashton Jones said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.