September 09, 2011

Caribbean Sweet Potato and Black Bean Stew

Every Tue & Thu I make dinner for my family. I tried this recipe last night & it was amazing. I've never posted any recipes on my blog before, but this one was too good not to share! It's very healthy and would make a great post workout meal. BTW, it's completely vegan.

Sweet potato, 4 cup, cubes (2 large sweet potatoes cut in to cubes)
Green Beans (snap), 4 cup
Beans, black, 1 cup
Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
Thyme, ground, 1 tsp
Caribbean Jerk Seasoning, 1 tsp
Salt, 1/4 tsp
Pacific Natural Foods Organic Beef Broth, 1 cup, 1 cup
Onions, raw, 1 cup, chopped

Combine all ingredients in to slow cooker and cook on low for 5 + hours, until sweet potatoes are tender. Beef broth can be substituted with chicken or vegetable broth.

Number of Servings: 8 one cup servings

Each serving has:
147 caloreies
3 grams fat
24.6 grams carbs
6 grams fiber
6.25 grams protien

No comments: