July 05, 2011

qualified for the USA triathlon Age group national championships

I got great news from USAT! I qualified for the 2011 USA triathlon Age group national championships! I had qualified at the Dog House/Buffman & Squeaky triathlon where I finished 3rd place overall. I'm VERY excited & wish desperately I could race at the USA AG national championships, but there's absolutely no way I could come up with the money to go to Vermont where the race is being held this year.

The email was as follows:

Congratulations Cody Hanson, you have qualified for the 2011 USA Triathlon Age Group Nationals after your finish in the BUFFMAN & SQUEAKY AND THE DOG HOUSE SPRINT ranked among the top 10 percent.

USA Triathlon congratulates you on qualifying for the 2011 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championship on August 20 in Burlington, Vermont. The USA Triathlon Age Group National Championship is the nation's premier Olympic-distance event with the top age-group athletes from all 50 states and the District of Columbia, forming one of the most prestigious fields in the sport. Also, athletes from each age group will qualify to represent Team USA at the 2012 International Triathlon Union World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand next October.

Space is limited and we expect this event to sell out.

For more information on the 2011 USA Triathlon Age Group National Championship and to register, please visit www.USATNationalEvents.org

Questions? Email NationalEvents@usatriathlon.org

2 comments:

Brooks said...

Congrats Cody! You had a great race that day and were smoking on the run portion!!

Debbie said...

What a huge honor! I'm a new reader, and I am so impressed. "Ranked among the top 10%", WOW! Congratulations.