June 10, 2011

calories of Dions pizza & replacing chains

From counting calories I've found that three largest pizza chains all have about the same calories in a large piece of pizza. Tonight we are eating out at Dions pizza. I wanted to figure out how many calories the gourmet pizzas have so I hopped online. I found the calorie count of the regular pizzas & I was shocked to see how many more calories Dions pizza has than the other chains. No wonder they taste so much better!

A slice of pepperoni & cheese from a large pizza is 520 calories.

A slice of cheese from a large pizza is 460 calories.

A 6" pastrami submarine sandwich from Dions is 600 calories, I think I'll eat that with a cup of fruit instead.

Today I broke my first chain on my road bike. At first I was convinced it broke because I've become such a powerful cyclist, but when I looked at it I saw the chain was in really bad shape. It broke not because of my cycling prowess, but because I should have replaced it a LONG time ago!

I recently had the chain on my triathlon bike replaced also. When I replaced the chain on my triathlon bike it I had over 3000 miles on it. I need to get better about replacing my chains. It's better to replace a chain for $45 than a cassette for $110.

No comments: