May 14, 2011

Last second Dog House tri registration

For those of you who don't know me I'm very OCD. All week long I've been thinking about me having completed 7 South West Challenge series races & the series takes an athletes the top 8 races. My next race isn't until the Storrie Lake triathlon the middle of June. I doubt I could keep my sanity having to wait a month to hit 8 races with me being so close! At 4 PM today my wife told me, "Why don't you go ahead and go race". What a great woman I'm married to! I packed as quickly as I could. I should reach Lubbock TX slightly after midnight. Thankfully the race has a late start so I can sleep in a little.

My legs are tired from Ironman training & not having enough recovery time recently so I decided to register for the Dog House sprint triathlon rather than the Buffman & Squeaky Olympic triathlon. The Squeaky Buttman-er, I mean the Buffman & Squeaky is my 2nd favorite race of all time, but my body just isn't feeling up to an Olympic distance right now, I'm in serious need of some rest & recovery time from training.

Last year I did this race & I felt it was one of my top 2 race performances ever. I finished 1st place 35-39 AG & 5th place overall male in a time of 1 hour 22 minutes. A couple of my buddies from El Paso & Las Cruces will be there, Jon & Brooks, I'm excited about seeing them. Unfortunately Rob won't be making it, he's recovering from pneumonia. I'll be praying for a quick recovery for you Rob!!!

No comments: