April 28, 2011

The upcoming 2011 Atomic Man duathlon

I'll be competing in a local race this weekend, The Atomic Man duathlon. The Atomic Man is my favorite race of all time. The Atomic Man has a ton to offer any athlete. There's two distances races to choose from, there's a free bike mechanic, a mobile coffee van, Great RD's, amazing swag, a GORGEOUS course, free pictures including a great finish photo, free pre and post race food, someone announcing your name and where your from as you cross the finish line on a PA system, a great finishing chute, pro photographers on the course, a team competition, and both courses are really challenging, & all the pictures from the course are free. Most races charge athletes for thier pictures. This small local race really does have a big time feel & draw to it. Last year there was a couple pro's and an Olympic duathlete who showed for this race.

This will be mt 5th time competing in the Atomic Man duathlon. My PR was set last year in a time of 1 hour 6 minutes 29 seconds. I seriously doubt I'll get anywhere close to beating my PR this time. Last year I was in much better shape, I weighed less, & I was racing on a borrowed pair of 404's (thanks Jason McClure!!!). Those wheels were super fast for a race as hilly as this!

This will be my 6th race for the season & for the 2011 South West Challenge Series, my 3rd race in 3 weekends, my 71st multisport race, & my 17th duathlon.

No comments: