April 12, 2011

The Tumbleweed triathlon

Turns out The South West Challenge Series won't be able to award series points for the Cochiti triathlon this year due of enforceable problems. No fault or blame there, it was just fate. So now I'll have to drive to Odessa Texas the weekend of July 31st for the Tumbleweed triathlon instead of racing the Cochiti triathlon which is 45 minutes from my house. uhg. There's more unexpected time & money lost in the pursuit of another SW challenge series championship. At least it's a flat and fast race. I like flat & fast. I'll use my disk that weekend. I've owned my HED disk for around 4 years & have only had the opportunity to use it a couple times. Once at The Ransom Canyon tri in Lubbock TX- which was a mistake, it was not flat enough & I'm not a talented enough of a climber to warrant a disk. I also used it last year at the Chick-Fil-A triathlon, which worked out awesome! I'm excited about the prospect of a race flat enough to use my disk again, I'm not so excited about a 14-16 hour round trip drive for a race that'll take less than 75 minutes.

I raced the Tumbleweed tri once back in 2006. My finishing time was 1:19:34. I swam a 500 meter swim in 10:48, a 20K bike in a time of 40:49 which was a 18.2 mph ave, and a 5k run in 28:22, keeping a 9:01 per mile ave.

Speaking of using a disk, I'll be using mine at the Holloman duathlon this weekend! Twice in 1 season! Happy Happy Joy Joy! Happy Happy Joy Joy!

No comments: