April 20, 2011

Fatigued triathlon legs

Yesterday my daughter asked if I could build her a garden. I'm wrapped around her little finger, so of course I built her a dream garden. The garden is separated into 3 sections, each is 8 feet long & 3 feet wide. I dug down a foot and a half in each one to make sure the vegetables I plant can have a deep strong root system. It has a raised beds so that the root system will be be warmer which stimulates growth. It has steer manure & mushroom compost. It'll be a %100 organic garden. I started working on it at 9 am & finished at 3:30 PM, then went to work for a twelve hour shift. Sundays are my scheduled day off of training, but I raced at the Holloman duathlon instead of a recovery day. My legs are already fatigued and I have races the next 3 weekends in a row. I'm tired, & I know I should be taking the day off to let my body heal & come back stronger.

I weighed in at 199.8 pounds this morning. I've weighed in under 200 pounds every morning for almost a week. If I take the day off I won't be burning the calories, which will make me that much farther from reaching my goal of weight of 190. I know my thinking is flawed. I know I need rest & recovery to heal. My drive, focus, & desire is what makes me as strong of a competitor as I am, but I also know it's mt biggest weakness. Pushing myself as hard as I can all the time in everything I do is the only way I know, so instead of resting I'm doing bike speed intervals. Here's to HARD CORE baby!

This weekend I'll be racing the Spring Fling triathlon. It's a very hilly race. I own a 404 rear wheel that is awesome for hill climbing. I haven't been able to save enough money for the front 404 yet, so I'll be using a HED3 front wheel & a 404 rear. I'll look like a nerd, but I'll be a faster nerd. Besides, if I ride fast enough I'll just be a blur as I peddle by.

See you at the races!

No comments: