February 22, 2011

Run lactate threshold test

Yesterday I did a run lactate threshold test. Although I am still slow & out of shape I've made massive improvements. January 10th I did a run LT test that I ran in a horribly slow 9:14 per mile pace. Today I ran a 8:14 pace, which is still slow, but I got 1 minute faster per mile in only 6 weeks. My next race, the Spring Fling triathlon is 2 months away. Hopefully my run will be in the low 7 minute per mile range by then, I'll need to be that much faster to be able to take top 3 in the SW Challenge series for a 6th consecutive year.

I'm currently weighing in at 213. I have 28 pounds to go until I reach my ultimate race weight of 185. I'm hoping to get to 185 by the Storie lake triathlon Scheduled for June 19th.

Today I'll be completing a bike LT test. If my last race taught me anything it's that my bike is my weakness right now.

No comments: