January 29, 2011

Seriously indecisive!

A month ago I'd decided to train for a 50 kilometer trail run in September. & a few weeks before that I'd decided to train for the Hermann Memorial 70.3. Finally, 3 weeks ago I had found a training program I was able to stick to. I've been training for the Albuquerque half marathon. I haven't missed a single workout in over 3 weeks & I've lost 17 pounds. Things are finally working out! & now that I've started training consistently for the first time in 6 months I'm getting the itch to swim & bike again. I'm contemplating starting a 3 month training program for the Spring Fling triathlon. My 3 year old son will be doing his 1st triathlon at the Spring Fling triathlon, so it would be a family affair. I 'm not sure exactly what I should do. If I choose to try training for a triathlon again I may not be fully over my burn out when I need to start my training program for Ironman Arizona. Bit if I start triathlon training now I'll have a much better multi sport fitness base. Should I risk ruining my recently found consistency by training for the Spring Fling or or stick with the Albuquerque half marathon?

Hmm. What to do? What to do?

No comments: