January 19, 2011

My years racing schedule

After much back & forth I've decided what my racing schedule will be from now until March 2012. I've decided to try & race less this year so that I can concentrate more on training in the hopes I can break 13 hours at Ironman Arizona.

This year for the 1st time I'm not going to attempt to take 1st place in my division in the South West Challenge series. I'm just going to do the minimum amount necessary to place in the top 3. If I can get away with only needing to race the minimum of 5 races to take top 3, I'll be happy.

That being said, I've heard a rumor that the new multisport series called Chasing3 will award a Clydesdale series champion. If that is the case I may end up racing in 4 or 5 of their races this year in addition to the 5 SW Series races to try & win that series also. What can I say, I'm a multisport addict.

February 19th 2011
Presidents day duathlon,
White Sands Missile Range New Mexico

March 27th 2011
Sully Super Sprint triathlon
Alpine Texas

April 16th 2011
Albuquerque half marathon
Albuquerque New Mexico

April 23rd 2011
Spring Fling triathlon
Rio Rancho New Mexico

May 1st 2011
AtomicMan duathlon
White Rock New Mexico

May 8th 2011
Jay Benson triathlon
Albuquerque New Mexico

June 4th 2011
Albuquerque Century
Albuquerque New Mexico

July (date unknown) 2011
Santa Fe triathlon
Santa Fe New Mexico

September 10th 2011
Enchanted Circle century
Red River New Mexico

November 20th 2011
Ironman Arizona
Tempe Arizona

December (date unknown) 2011
Polar Bear triathlon

December (date unknown) 2011
Jingle Bell triathlon

March 2012
Old Pueblo 50 mile trial run!

Races undecided on:

June 19th 2011
Storrie lake triathlon
Las Vegas New Mexico

July 10th 2011
Cochati triathlon
Cochati lake New Mexico

Sept 11th
Patriot triathlon
Rio Rancho New Mexico

Sept 24th
Redman half Iron
OKC OK

1 comment:

Comm's said...

great schedule. I like how you found events during the summer. Here in PHX, there is a spring season and fall season. There is no summer tri's.