January 29, 2011

The first Half Iron triathlon in New Mexico!

The 2011 South West Challenge Series schedule is now out! They said there will probably be some small changes to the schedule, but it's finally out! It's at:

http://www.southwestchallengeseries.com/

I noticed one of the newest races in the South West Challenge series is the Elephant Man Half Iron in September at Elephant Butte New Mexico. I'm very excited about this! It's the first half Iron in New Mexico. The Ironman training program I'm doing has me scheduled to do a Half Iron the weekend of September 25th, & the Elephant Man half Iron is that weekend!!! I'm VERY excited, I'm going to do it! I'll be competing in the first half iron in New Mexico! The Elephant Man Half is a really hard course, it's imperative I get back down to 185 pounds by then. Did I say this already, I'm very excited!

Another race I think is absolutely amazing is the Turquoise trail duathlon. I wont be doing it this year because of IMAZ, but I've been talking about putting together a Heart break hill duathlon using the same course for a year and a half. I wonder if they got the idea from me? I posted the link to my old post at the bottom of this post to show I'm not full of it. Just click on RD'ing a duathlon for proof.

No comments: