April 30, 2010

Tues night crits & the worlds best wife

Starting in May, every Tuesday night there are criteriums being held in Albuquerque. I have every other Tuesday night off from work. I'm going to start hitting as many tuesdat night crits as I can. In the 6 years I've been training, I've only ridden in a group once. Lord help anyone racing the crits with me the first couple of months! I sure hope I pick this up quickly. Should be fun, but I am a bit nervous. Hopefully I don't leave a long line of cyclists bodies laying all over the road behind me! Here's a 1st person video of what group riding is like.

My next triathlon is the Jay Benson Triathlon the 3rd Sunday in May. It'll be my 8th race of the SW challenge series! One of my goals this year is to beat my Jay Benson PR set in 2008. That's a tall order! My 2008 Jay Benson was my single best race of all time. I was smokin fast that day, setting a PR of 1hr 4 minutes!

There's a kids triathlon after the adults race that my 4.5 year old daughter will be competing in. This will be my daughters 2nd race in as many months. The Jay Benson is on Mothers day. Thank goodness I have such a great wife! There's not many mothers who would allow their family to compete in a triathlon & steal thier special day. One things for certain, I do have an amazing wife! I thank God that He gave me her, no one else would be willing to tolerate me!

No comments: