April 15, 2010

1st family camping trip (with a triathlon thrown in)

I have scheduled my families first camping trip. We will be going to Palo Duro Canyon State Park in Texas. We are all VERY EXCITED.

-It's our first family vacation in which all 5 of us are going (my wife, kids ages 4, 2, infant, & I).
-We'll arrive on Friday June 18th, set up camp, sing camp fire songs, cook smores, hot dogs, etc!
-On Sat morning, June 19th there will be the Chick-Fil-a triathlon for me. This will be a B race in which I'll have a small taper, so God willing I'll have a great race!
-after my race they will have a kids triathlon for my 4 year old daughter!
-Sat night we will watch the live musical "Texas".
-Sunday we will see all the sights & activities of Palo Duro state park including riding on a train that travels through the majority of the canyon (my 2 year old son will LOVE that).
-Sunday night we'll drive into Lubbock & visit my cousins who has kids the same age as ours.
- Monday we'll visit my Grandma & Grandpa in Hobbs NM!

This will be such an amazing vacation! Can't wait!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is a lot to handle! To me a family camping trip is a tri in its own right.
Good luck with the trip and the race.

skoshi said...

Hey Cody,
Thanks for the comment--that was very nice of you. I didn't expect anyone was out there reading anymore. Wasn't sure about putting my "whites" into the public eye.
Your trip to Palo looks great. I don't know how you DO so much. Good luck on your race!