February 08, 2010

an overdo update

I haven't posted much on my training, diet, weight, & racing for awhile. I think in the 4 years of maintaining my blog this is the longest I've gone without writing of such things. Usually that's a bad sign for me. This time it's just that I'm unsure exactly how all my training is going. I had to let my coach go in December & have been self coaching for the first time in about 3.5 years. In December I also stopped training for Iron & 70.3 distances & have been training exclusively for sprints. I've dropped down to 204 pounds, dropping weight usually makes endurance athletes faster, but with all the changes to my training & coaching I'm a bit uncertain of how I'm doing in regards to my speed, endurance, etc. Essentially I'm training well-I think, & dieting well day in & day out & simply waiting anxiously for a race to see how I'm doing.

I won't have long to wait, this Saturday is the Presidents day duathlon (formerly known as the White Sands Duathlon and also as the John Stermer duathlon)in WSMR. I'll be competing in my 3rd race as an AG 35-39, which is the hardest AG by far. I'm excited, anxious, nervous........

I'll let you peeps know if I do well, and if I dont do well I'll tell you what changes to my training I'll do. I sure hope Tim Chaves, Hector Tovare, & Clay Mosely miss this race. They are in my AG and will be my toughest competition of the year. If they no show, I have a great opportunity for my 3rd top 3 finish of the 2010 season. Wish me luck!!!!

2 comments:

Big Clyde said...

You got it. Good luck, Cody. Keep us posted.

Podium quest said...

thanks big clyd. I apreciate the support brother.