November 11, 2009

The Polar Bear & The Jingle Bell triathlons

I just sent in my registration for the Jingle Bell triathlon & the Polar Bear triathlon. These 2 races are the first 2 of the 2010 season. I got an email a couple weeks ago that the date of the Polar Bear has been moved to the 5th of Dec. So now these 2 races are on back to back mornings. 2 races in 2 days! Could anything be more fun?

This will be the 6th consecutive year I'll be racing the Polar Bear triathlon. Although I'm weighing in at 215 & the excess weight would normally slow me down, I've been training for short and FAST races, so my speeds have been increasing. Even though I'm over weight I believe I have a great chance of beating my course PR of 1 hr 47 minutes set last year. The Polar Bear is on a Saturday and my times at the Polar Bear triathlon have been:

2004 1:54
2005 1:58
2006 (course changed this year) 1:30
2007 1:49
2008 1:47

Like I said the Polar is on Sat & the Jingle Bell is on Sunday morning so I'll be fatigued for the Jingle Bell triathlon. Last year was the first year I completed the Jingle Bell triathlon, I had a break out performance of 1 hr 27 minutes so I seriously doubt I'll set a new one.

I'm really looking foreward to that weekend. Should be great fun!

Thanks for tuning in!

No comments: