October 24, 2009

Silverman 70.3 is on!

It's been a miracle, but I haven't missed a single workout in 3 weeks! As busy as I have been taking care of my wife healing up from a C section, keeping our 2 & 4 year olds busy, & trying to keep the house as neat as my wife likes it. Needless to say I don't have the time to train long anymore. Instead of training for 70.3's I've been training for sprints. It's been a miracle, but I haven't missed a single workout in 3weeks! I finish my run or bike before the kids wake up. Then 3 days a week while the kids nap I swim. After 3 weeks I'm feeling the effects of over reaching. Which is nice, because after next week I'll take a recovery week & do thew Silverman 70.3. I know, I had backed out of the Silverman, but my cousin has asked me to race it with him. It doesn't take much to convince me to race. I usually average 15 races a year! A bit OC perhaps? So I'll drive up there, sleep in the van, eat the cheapest foods I can find, & struggle through the Silverman. I say struggle because since Sept 18th the longest bike rides I've done was 33 miles & 25 miles. My longest run has been 5 miles. I'm definitely training way to short to do well in a half Iron. but hey, I'll struggle through it & enjoy it regardless of how much it hurts:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Cody!!!

Glenn said...

Where do you think you should be for a half Ironman in terms of training?