January 23, 2009

more weight loss & my family

This has been a great week! My training is still doing fabulous. & I've been perfect on my diet for the last 3 weeks. 3 weeks in a row. It was July since I was in this kind of control of my eating. When I'm more in control of my diet that's an indicator of how I feel emotionally. & things are great right now.

I was down to 219 pounds this morning! One of my goals for the year was to race my 3 A races under 220 pounds. Well, I'm under 220 for the first time in a long time, & as of yesterday I have exactly 1 month until my first A race of the year. Things are looking up.

Up until this week I was down to one pair of work pants that fit me. I got into my X-L work pants today for the first time in many months. I feel so much better on my runs now than I have since October. Like I've said time & time again "skinny isn't a body type, it's a tactical necessity." & "light isn't weight, it's speed!" I'm well on my way to living those 2 sayings again! I love it when a plan comes together.

On another subject. My wife started going back to school, so on Mon's & Wed's I have my babies all day to myself. I have been SO happy! That probably has a lot to do with me controlling my eating. There's nothing better for a persons happiness level than quality time with your children.

My son is going through a major Daddy stage right now. I love it. As long as I'm around he'll cry unless I'm holding him. Makes me all warm inside to be loved so much by someone I love so much. My wife's not so happy about that though. I've won over her Momma's boy;) My son is afraid to walk. It's not that he can't. He's just afraid of falling. So unless he's on a soft surface like a bed or wrestling mats he simply won't do it. I know when I'm trying to walk on soft surfaces, it's much more difficult to walk on than a regular surface, which proves my point. He could walk if he wanted to. It's ironic. He is afraid of falling 6 inches, which is about how far it is from his butt to the floor, but a couple weeks ago I taught him to climb a 55 foot ladder & he'll do it without hesitation or any help. But he's afraid of the short distance to the floor when standing. LOL. He's just like his old man. I'm not afraid of walking into a prison on a daily basis where I've been beaten up, almost shanked, & had my life threatened more times than I could count. But I fall apart, quake in my boots if I'm in a public place & my back is to an open room or a door. Funny, I love him even more because of his quirks than I do from his perfect qualities.



I take my daughter & son to Albuquerque jumps on the 2 days a week I have them. That's always been a highlight for me & my lil ones. All 3 of us play hard with each other until we are so exhausted we can barely move. In the last couple months my daughter who is now 3 years 4 months old has started to only want to play with the other kids while there. I've spent the last few times at Albuquerque jumps following my daughter around watching her play with kids her age & hoping the kids & their parents would go away so that she'd play with me. LOL. She's growing up. I really miss the days when she'd only want to play her Daddy, pretty much ignoring all the other people around her.

No one told me watching my children grow up would be the most rewarding & painful thing I'd ever feel all at the same time;) God is with me, & He is good. Very good indeed. He blesses me on a daily basis with much much more than I deserve. & that is the truth. May God be with you to.

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

Cody-that pic is priceless! Yes there must be a metaphotr for all of us in there somewhere. What is your wife studying?