September 01, 2008

bike fit

I got a professional bike fit for my new triathlon bike almost 4 weeks ago. Although its only been 4 weeks I've put in enough miles on it, done enough really long rides, even raced a half Iron on it, to know I'm comfortable on it. That is suprising to me because this was my 3rd pro bike fit. Both of the other 2 were crap. Not only am I very comfortable on this fit, I seem to fatigue less now. Ok, I realize part of that may be my great custom traininng plan made by The Mad Scientist Pete Alfino. But I think a lot of it has to do with the fit.

For 3 years I've had a sharp pain at the top of my knees. The pain is ther anytime I try to walk up steps, squat, or anything like that. It seems to be worse anytime I have periods of high bike milage or a build phase period. Well, since the bike fit the pain IS GONE!!!!! In case your in need of a great bike fit, his name is James. He's a retired pro cyclist & now pro triathlete. He works at Sports Outdoors on Montgomery. I'll be setting up an apointment to get him to fit me on my road bike next. Her's the phone number to Sports Outdoors.

2 comments:

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Not necessarily. I've found how I sit on my bike has changed as my fitness (and my proportions) have changed. So it may be that your bike fit just wasn't right for you any more. but isn't a great bike fit WONdERFUL?

Anonymous said...

You write very well.