August 24, 2008

my days ride, & an open invitation

On Tuesday Aug 17th I rode my bike around my favorite route, the Bonanza Ranch Loop. It's a mountainous 19.6 mile loop that starts right outside my house on highway 14. I did 2 loops. The first 15 minutes was a warm up, then I did 90 minutes in zone 3, then a cool down. My first lap I finished in my fastest lap ever of 1 hr 3 min 33 seconds. I completed 2 laps in my best time ever of 2 hrs 13 minutes. My training for IMAZ is going very well. I'm maintaining my weight at around 200 pounds. Of course I'd like to be lighter, & I'm watching my diet to try & get there. But even at 200 I'm lighter & faster than I ever thought I could be.

Today I rode with my cousin Chris Mr. cycling extraordinaire, from Paseo Del Norte & I-25 to highway 525. From 525 to 550 & then west. It was a total of 57.1 miles followed up with a 3 mile run. I felt amazing the entire workout. I'm sure I'll do well at IMAZ in Nov. My coach is still saying I'll complete somewhere in the 13-14 he even range. I too feel pretty confident that will happen. Ah, God, family, training, & triathlon. It doesn't get any better than this.

On sat the 30th I'll be doing am 80 mile bike & a 5 mile run. Misery loves company. I'll be starting in Albuquerque on Paseo Del Norte at 8 am from my cousins house. I'd love it if anyone would join us! This is an open invitation. Any & all can come regardless of weather we have met or not.

No comments: