July 15, 2008

triathlon sayings & quotes

One of my favorite sayings I heard from pro-MMA fighter & current UFC light weight world champion Forrest Griffen. When I'm tired while training or racing I recite this to myself & it motivates me to fight through the fatigue or pain.

"The juice is worth the squeeze."
-Forrest Griffen

Some of my other favorite triathlon related sayings are:

You can have all the heart in the world, but it doesn't mean anything unless you've got the legs.
Lance Armstrong.

Fat is not fat, it is time. Each Kilogram (2.2 pounds) adds about 1.25 percent to a bike riders time on a climb. On a typical 8 mile climb that works out to just over a second per additional ounce. A full 60 seconds faster up that 8 mile hill is the equivalent of 3.25 pounds.
-The book "Lance Armstrong's war"

Skinny isn't a body type, it's a tactical necessity.

1 comment:

SWTrigal said...

That first quote is annoying! I do have the heart but not sure about the legs...LOL..