May 26, 2008

Relearning...again

It's been a rough few weeks. My wife & I have been struggling financially the past few weeks. I've only taken a few days off from work in 4 weeks to try & catch up financially. Seems no matter how much I work & all the money's gone before we get my next check.

I was at church today & an elder of the church asked me "what do you think Gods trying to teach you with this?" Man, how could I have been so stupid. I learned this lesson a couple months ago. & here I am in the same situation. When I put all of life's stresses on my own shoulders I become overwhelmed & start sinking. The minute I put it on God's shoulders or pray for what it is that I need or want, He provides.

Apparently I'm a slow learner because I've learned this lesson numerous times before. I seem to get into a rut and then try to get myself out on my own. & that's when things get overwhelming & I start to feel like I'm sinking. As soon as I pray & put it in God's hands things get better. I sure hope I learn this lesson this time because I'm so tired. Like I said I've only taken a few days off the entire month of May, & those days were spent visiting a sick relative or traveling for races. I'm dead tired. I can't keep this up much longer. I'm very grateful my elder opened my eyes to what I need to do. I think it'll all be better soon, but any prayers would still be appreciated.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Great post Cody! You know, it's pretty amazing how God can be so patient with us and use others to show us things that we should be seeing! I still don't know how you do it. I'm strugglin right now with the new job and getting enough training and family time in. I need to trust more.. Thanks for the reminder.