April 08, 2008

190 or bust

I've really made great gains since Nov. I've made great improvements in my bike, my swim, my weight, & a healthier diet. This has been a great 4.5 months. My first 3 months of trying to lose weight I was averaging 3-4 lbs of weight loss a week. It has recently slowed to 1 lb a week. I'm so close to my goal in terms of body weight. But the closer I get to my goal of 190 the slower I lose. Of course weekends of overeating like I had this weekend doesn't help.

I'm a very impatient person. One of my favorite things in the world is coffee. I really love coffee, but I drink instant coffee simply because I don't like waiting for regular to percolate. I'm running out of patience with getting to my ultimate weight. I've struggled with my weight most of my adult life. So I really have allot of experience with diets. I've tried every diet you could ever have heard of. Perhaps in this case that's a bad thing. Back in the summer of 2008 I lost 25 lbs in 30 days doing allot of base work & eating a low carb diet. I eventually got off the diet even though got really fast results because its too difficult to live everyday life on a low carb life style. One of the reasons I love weight watchers so much is I can live a normal life. I can eat the foods I want, just in moderation. But I am simply tired of waiting for that magical # of 190. I have decided to go low carb until I get to my goal weight. I know its a stupid decision. Low carb doesn't work for endurance athletes, its an unhealthy diet full of artery clogging fats, etc. But dang it I'll get fast results! I will probably get to 190 in less than 2 weeks! In my mind that IS worth it. Now that I've gotten to 200 I've done great maintaining it. I believe once I get to my goal weight I'll be able to maintain that easily. Its so much easier to maintain a weight than to get to a certain weight. My daily calories will go up once I reach that weight, I'll stop having to desire that dang # of 190 so much. I can think of dozens of reasons to go low carb, only a couple not to. So starting today, I'm on the Atkins diet until I'm at 190. Wish me fast results. The faster I get to 190 the faster I can get back to a healthier way of eating. The faster I can get to a diet that is more conducive to an endurance athletes needs. Thanks for tuning in.

5 comments:

SWTrigal said...

Cody-a number on the scale is just a number (as I say this to myself too). The big thing is how do you feel? How do your clothes fit? be careful on that Atkins thing..can be a setup..

skoshi said...

Cody, I hope it works out for you. Just be sure to keep your HEALTH. You really do look great already, and even though you want results fast (instant coffee??), just look up at your goals at the top of your blog--slow and steady really does do the trick. Regardless of what I have to say, however, I hope you get what you want.

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

don't do it cody! you need the carbs - slow and steady will equal long term loss.

I know you're impatient but skoshi's right - it's a number that doesn't mean jack to anybody else. I bet you're slowing your loss because you're building muscle and losing fat.

listen to the chicks - we know.

don't do it! or we'll have to stage an intervention!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

And what happens when you go off the "unhealthy, arter-clogging diet?"
Also, why 190? If you're counting on 190 being a "normal" weight I would argue that it's not the normal weight of someone with a lot of muscle. Muscle is 5x heavier than fat when it takes up the same amount of room. Just my two cents, as usual. Stay healthy, Cody!

Anonymous said...

great race at jay benson, 1:04 wow... u smoked the run and the weight loss
































































































































Man u smoked that last race 1:04 Jay Benson. The run was way fast for a 190 man 20 minute 3 miles. how u beat the sweet tooth. i usually drop to 225 and bang my body wont go below that. send me some run workouts. put it on ur blog. my daughters have the email but i forgot it sorry. e.p.









c