February 20, 2008

No turning back now

I did it. There's no turning back now. I sent in the registration for the March 16th Stealth duathlon as an age grouper 30-34. Looks like the Stealth will be my coming out race. LOL. I hope to be below 200 lbs by then. I'll race the 30-34 even if I'm not below 200 on race day because even if I'm not sub 200 by the Stealth I will be by my next planned race. I have 3.5 weeks to lose 10 lbs.

I got a look at the results of the John Stermer duathlon that happened in early Feb at White Sands Missile range. There were only 2 men in my age group. One of them was Juan Braino, I've beaten him before. Looks like I passed up a great opertunity to get some points in my new division. You snooze you loose.

Thanks for tuning in!

7 comments:

skoshi said...

Cody-
You're right--No turning back, now. Just "turning forward." Good job on continuing to strive to achieve your goals. Long term goals are difficult to maintain, but you are steadily making it happen! I'm impressed.

SWTrigal said...

Cody-that is a big step! And now you have new motivation for the weight thing. Good job!

Chris said...

Very cool Cody!! No turning back now! Even more incentive than before to bust through the 200 mark! You can do it. I wish I could ! :-)

Bones said...

Way to to Cody!!! the Duathlon would have been a great place to pick up some points, Too bad my registration was lost. See you at the Stealth!!

Herself, the GeekGirl said...

Woo-hoo! maybe I'll be next...only 17 more pounds to go, or so...

JB-from-EPT-Age-grouper said...

Ah I hear your battle call! I really hope I can make the Stealth Du! Bring the "A" game....we will have fun! good job Cody!

muffinman said...

Cody,

See you at the Stealth. I'll be there along with Willy Wonka.

muffinman