January 21, 2008

money and a run TT

The last 2weeks has been kind of rough. I worked an incredible amount of overtime so my family can get ahead on bills. The goal is to get our savings up, then pay off enough things that I can take a full 2 days off a week. I earned 890 dollars more this pay period than what we need to pay the minimum amount on our bills. Our plan was to use that cash to get our savings up to a certain amount this pay period, then start paying stuff off starting next pay period. Well wouldn't you know it crap happens. We had to buy my wife a new pair of glasses, which we should of done 6 months ago. Got oil changes on both vehicles, also overdo. Had to get a repair man out to fix our water heater. And my front derailleur on my bike broke. Everything that could go wrong & cost money happened. Next thing I know all of the extra money is gone! & then our van breaks down. So that's where the extra money from next pay period is going. CRAP! Oh, well.

On to the good news. Today I ran an 8.5 mile TT all in zone 2 in 1he 27 minutes. Last week I did the same run in the same heart rate zone in 1hr 36 minutes. I've knocked off 9 minutes, that's over 1 minute per mile! Most of that has to do with my weight loss. But the temperature probably had something to do with it also. Today it was in the high 30's. Last week I did the TT in the low teens. Either way, it's a great way to start a new week!

I got a pull up bar for Christmas from my wife. I've been doing pull ups at home 3-4 X a week. When i started doing the pull ups I could only do one. In 3 weeks I'm now up to doing 6 easily. It's part strength increase, part weight loss, & it's all good!!!!

My last weigh in had me at 219. I gained a couple lbs from the sressfull couple of weeks I've had & i eat when I'm too stressed out. But this is a new week & I'm going to do my best at jumping back on the weight loss band wagon.

Thanks for tuning in! Peace!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Sods Law with the money situation ... always seems to happen to us as well ... think you're all straight with some extra money and then something happens to swallow it up :( Hope you're able to sort it soon.

Keep on blogging!

Mike