January 17, 2008

Bloody COLD!

Last night was the 2nd day since Dec 15th that I took off from work. I celebrated by going & running hills. Last night an arctic FREEZE also decided to visit the area. It was -5 with the wind chill degrees last night when I went out for my run. Freaking -5 degrees!!!! In less than 10 minutes the water in my bottle had starting freezing. By the end of my 5.8 miles worth of gallivanting around in my size 11 Brooks Adrenalins my water bottle was frozen completely solid!

This morning I ran to the gym for a light weight lifting routine. The weather channel said it was 1 degree & the wind chill made it -10 here in Santa Fe. Even though it was beyond really uncomfortable I was not going to let the weather affect my workout. I was determined to do the workout I was planning on doing. I think there's something in the Gator Aid that deteriorates triathletes brain tissue! We triathletes do things that just ain't right.

On a side note, I weighed in this morning at 216 & when I flex my stomach I can see my top two sets of abs. There's probably not allot of triathlon blog readers out there on Weight Watchers. But for those who know of the WW system, in the 2 months on WW I've only had one week where I've earned less than 90 activity points in a week.

My body has a tendency to carry allot more muscle than most people do even when I'm not lifting weights. I went to the weight room last week & a co-worker said I've developed a Bo-flex body. I'm still grinning uncontrollably.

4 comments:

S. Baboo said...

Hey Cody, great job on the continued weight loss! It sure is nice to have a body that you can be happy with huh?

Mike said...

Maybe there should be more triathlon blog readers on WW ... well one anyway - ME! ... That's an impressive weight loss ... keep up the good work. Not sure how you cope with those temperatures! :)

Danny Montoya said...

Congrats on the great progress towards you goal Cody!! Those temps would have me inside on the trainer for sure!!! You're one tought dude ;-)

Chris said...

Hey! Congrats ont he weight loss and the great comments. Nothing like some "real" (not just from your wife) :-) positive reinformcement to keep you going. You are doing awesome.

As far the temps go. sheesh man, I'm not sure I couldhave been out running under those tems. ONsecond thought, I KNOW I could not have been out there. I'm would say that many a die-hard triathlete could not boast about that kind of dedication.

Sweet!