December 27, 2007

Back to the daily grind

The training has been going well inspite of the incredible amounts of over time
I've been working. I swam a time trial today and it was the fastest swim TT
I've ever done. 1000 metes in 19;46. Still laughable I know but progress none
the less.

My family & I went to Nevada in mid Nov & then to Hobbs NM immediately after
that for some vacation & racing. Although we had a great time & we needed to get
away for a bit it was really bad timing. It set us back financially where we had
no room to be set back too. I'm paying the price now. I've worked a 12 hr shift
all but 3 days this month. If all things go well I'll only need to work 12 hr
shifts everyday until mid-late January. After that I'll only need to work about
70 hrs a week to support my family. That's still allot. But it's better than the
86 a week I'm working now. There's light at the end of the tunnel, but I must
admit it's been a heck of a struggle both physically & emotionally. For the most
part I'm ok with working allot. I really like my job & my wife has really helped by fixing all my meals, packing my gear & food for work, & is doing 100 percent of the house work. My only job
is bringing home the $, triathlon training, & spending as much
time w/ my children as I can. The only day I felt it was more than I could bear
was Christmas morning. Because I work nights & sleep days my wife decided to
take the kids & spend the night at her parents house to celebrate Christmas
there. I wasn't there to watch my children open their presents on Christmas.
That has me me down right depressed. Other than missing my children's Christmas I
am handling all the hours & the stress of our finances relatively well. I'm
constantly tired and often times cranky but I'm staying the course. I am trying
to keep in mind that God would only put me through this rough time if he knew I
was strong enough to get through it In a way I'm honored that he's putting this
test in front of me. If he had me go through my whole life without any stress that would make me wonder if he knew I was too weak to be tested. It's times like this when I feel like I am too weak to do what needs to be done that I lean on him. 3 more weeks of overtime is all I need to do to be caught up. At times that feels like such a short amount of time. At others I'm thinking to myself "how the heck am I going to get through this, I'm already SO tired."
If there are any Christians reading this I would be very grateful for prayers.
The power of faith & prayer is amazing!
Thanks peeps. I'm out.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Man, I'm sorry that you had to be away from the kids for Christmas and your work schedule sounds downright overwhelming to me.

But, you are right in that God will not put us through something that unless we can handle it. Easy to say when it's not me being tested the way you are butI know in my heart it's true.

God Bless mate! You can do it.

SWTrigal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SWTrigal said...

Cody-I can give you encouragement that there is light at the end of the tunnel.H & I were just talking about that last night-how hard we worked raising 4 kids and working, how stressful it was. Now we look back and are amazed we were able to do it. I suggest that you may regret missing time with kids because of work-don't know if you have any power over that but if ever have the choice and can, ALways choose kids first. Hang in there-life is short and sounds like the worst of working is almost over. are you able to get a few de-stress training runs in?