November 17, 2007

Weight watchers first week

I joined weight Wathchers online Tue 11-13 to start my weight loss & Iron goals. I'm really enjoying the way weight watchers online works. I'm given a certain amount of points that I can eat each day. I'm finding there are allot of ways I can fulfill cravings & hunger by eating snacks that have very low "points". My favorite so far is red & yellow peppers w/ salsa. I use the strips of peppers like a potato chip. I ate 2 cups of spinach yesterday w/ dinner & it was 0 points. I think the foods I'm finding that are low points are also nutrient dense.

I can earn more points in a day by exercising. 2 days ago I got really hungry midday but had used up allot of points early & didn't want to go hungry during dinner. So I decided to go for a 1 hr 40 min bike. I got back & typed in my workout, viola, I had earned enough Activity Points to eat an entire extra meal! Hopefully I'll be able to succeed on this weight loss plan. I have a good feeling about this plan so far.

Monday I leave for my 3 day 350 mile bike ride to Hobbs. In my best calculation I'm going to earn 45 activity points each day I ride. To put that in perspective I am limited to 38 points each day without earning any extra activity points. I'll be FEASTING each day of my bike trip. I also plan on running all the stairs of the Hobbs High school football stadium on Thanksgiving so I'll be able to eat well on Thanksgiving day.

My first day joining WW I weighed in at 256. I weighed in this evening at 244. Keep in mind I didn't weigh in in the morning when I'd be lightest. Good news overall.

2 comments:

S. Baboo said...

I knew you would love it! Keep up the good work!

T said...

Be safe and pack warm clothes...And have fun.