June 06, 2007

Got my dream post!!

As long as I have worked at the state penitentiary I have wanted to be able to work VP/Tower2. That is a coveted post so only the officers with the most seniority ever get that post. On Tuesday I was pleasantly shocked that I was able to get that post on graveyard!

Basically that means I''ll be working the vehicle patrol (VP) for my first 6 hrs. On that post I patrol the perimeter in a vehicle and look for any breaches of security, holes in the fences, escaping inmates, unauthorized people on prison grounds, etc. The other 6 hrs of my shift I'll be in the tower basically having the same duties but I will not be in a vehicle. I will be in a tower that is hundreds of feet in the air. No contact with inmates, and limited contact with supervisors, or administrators. I'll have the added bonus of working on nights, I'll be getting paid more for working nights, there's less movement i.e. stress, and when I get off work I'll have allot more opportunities to train for triathlon. When I'll be getting off work the sun will be coming up. No time constraints on working out due to the sun setting. I can workout when I get home, or go to sleep right away and work out when I wake up. I could even work out, go to sleep, and work out again!! My time available to workout will go up from 11hrs a week to a little over 20hrs. Oh how glorious this will be!!! Life is good!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

See what I told you. Congrats. BTW, I agree with the other two entries that you made as well.

Podium quest said...

I really apreciate all your support. Justin. Email, let's go on a bike ride sometime.

S. Baboo said...

Congrats on the post. I guess this means that I'll have to ramp up my training intensity in order to keep you at bay!

Podium quest said...

No no, don't do that:) That would negate any gains I'd get:)