June 01, 2007

Problem solved?

In Dec I had started the Paleo diet. It's a diet that you can eat all the lean meats, fruits, & veggies you want with no limits on portions or meal frequency. Limited amounts of nuts. On the Paleo a person isn't allowed ANY sugar, vinegar, dairy, grains, potatoes, corn, or anything that is processed at all. Not even canned tuna, or veggies because that is considered processed. Let me tell you, you lose a TON of weight! Along with the weight loss I also had an inability to think or concentrate well, I was moody, irritable, inability to sleep well, and I had HORRIBLE cravings. I emailed coach Pete and told him the side affects I was having and he replied "That means your missing something important from your diet". Simply put and dang good point coach! I should of realized it from the get go, all the signs were there. I blame my inability to see or think about how badly my diet was affecting me on my poor diet:)

The past 3 days I've decided to add some dairy and brown rice into my diet while keeping as much highly processed foods out. No wheat, bread, pasta, sugar, chips, etc. I'm eating every 3 hrs and if I get hungry in between meals I eat enough raw vegetables to stop my feeling of hunger. The last three days: NO CRAVINGS, sleeping well, thinking clearly, good quality workouts. Hopefully the problem is solved and I'm on my way to a lighter, healthier, faster, Iron me....

No comments: