June 02, 2007

What the? I've lost 13 lbs in 4 days!

Yesterday morning I weighed in at 227.8 lbs. This morning I weighed in at 225. Since I was worried I wasn't getting enough calories I logged my caloric intake on http://www.trainingpeaks.com/. I've been averaging 3,500-4,200 calories a day. That's allot of calories! There's no reason for me to have lost13lbs in 4 days. I know when someone who has Celiac disease eats food products w/ gluten in it, it causes pretty severe bloating. Perhaps the weight I'm losing is my body going back to a healthy state now that I cut out the foods like wheat and barley. HHMM, not sure. I guess since I don't know for sure I need to base it off of how I feel: I feel better than I have since last Nov. That's a good sign I guess. I suppose only time will tell if something is wrong or not. But hey in 4 days I went from needing to lose 18lbs to my goal to now only needing to lose 5. Perhaps I'll be able to change my goal weight for my race in Nov.?

Now for me to rant, although I warn you this part of the blog may be boring, but it'll make me feel better....This next week the penitentiary of New Mexico has a major post bid. The post bidding starts at 8am on Tue, the first officer to bid is the one who has the most seniority (the employee who has worked here the longest). Each employee gets 5 minutes to pick their post and days off that they will work for the next 6 months. I usually dread post bidding because I always fear getting stuck in a horrid post or with a horrid officer or my vehicle breaking down on the way there. If a person doesn't bid when their scheduled to, then they aren't allowed to bid at all. They'll be stuck in whatever posts are left after every other employee bids. Every year some poor sap misses their time to post bid and are miserable for the next 6 months. I must say each post bid gets a little easier because I gain a little more seniority. I'll start my 12th year here at the penitentiary this Sept, I am now 25th on the seniority list out close to 225 security staff. We don't have 225 security staff right now. We're over 90 employees short. Nothing new there, there's not to many people dumb enough to work at a max or super max prison. Wait a minute, I just insulted myself. Well if the shoe fits.... Anyways, I have a wish list, but last year I showed up and didn't get any of the 5 posts I was hoping to get. Consequently I've been stuck in dispatch for 6 months, I've been close to changing the saying from "going postal" to "going correctional"! I really hate dispatch. After 3 years now at the level 5 (maximum security) I'd like to return to the level 6 (super max) on graveyard with my R.D.O's (regular days off) being Sat, Sun, Mon, and every other Tue night. If I am able to get onto graveyard my available training time will increase from the 10 hrs now to around 20hrs. I could use the extra time for training with my upcoming Iron I started training for in May. We'll see. I'll let you know how it turns out. I post bid on Tues at 10:10 am. Thanks for tuning in, I'm out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Think positive. Good things happen to good people. Make sure you let us know if you got one of your preferred posts.

Podium quest said...

What's a prefered post?

Unknown said...

Isnt that what your different work locations are called? Duty station? Maybe I need to pay better attention when I read!! I am blaming it on my boys distracting me....just wait you'll see. Once there are two they will use decoy/diversion techniques.

Podium quest said...

Ha, gotcha! I was caught up on post meaning posting on blog. I'll let ya know!